Wednesday, April 17, 2013

midterm reflection



1.  In your group were there people who did more than their fair share, and those who did less?  How did that affect your group's performance?  Where would you put your own contribution, among the most or among the least?  On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, please rate your performance compared to the others in the group (5 would be the average contributor).

I feel that we all contributed the same amount..and I also think we did very good on our presentation. My group has an awesome leader who stays on top of things and makes sure we are always prepared. I would say I contributed an 8.

2.  If you could, would you remove a member from your group at this point?  If you could add someone, what would be his or her characteristics that would add to the ability of your group to do its job?  No need to name names.

I really enjoy working with my group and I would not add or remove anyone from it.

3.  How important were basic workplace rules in your group?  Rate on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, how important the were the following:

A.  Showing up - 10
B.  Doing your fair share - 9
C.  Being on time - 8
D.  Responding timely to email and communicating effectively with other members - 9
E.  Handling conflict among group members - 9
F.  Being present in the group -- not distracted by outside cell phone calls or text messages when the group is meeting. - 9

4.  Please come up with Five Rules for Having an Effective Group.
- Have a common goal
-Divide the assignment into equal parts for the members
-Communicate throughout the whole assignment
-Have a specific time frame
-Ask your group about any questions you have 

2 comments:

lt.sutton said...

I enjoyed watching your group presentation. I am into video games like call of duty and I found it very interesting that there are no laws behind violence in video games and how some peoples views on them (like the pros and cons) differ. By reading your post it seems that your group was able to get everything done the right way which led to your presentation going smoothly. One of the reasons I feel that my group was successful is because we met over the break to collaborate and make sure we have everything in order. Did your group have any meetings or did you just effectively communicate?

Unknown said...

I definitely thought your group's presentation was interesting. There is a lot that I did not know about the factors and influence of video games. The only question that I do have in terms of your group effort is do you think that having a smaller group made it easier for everyone to get along with few disruptions? It seems to me that the more people that are involved in a group project the more conflict there is.