Thursday, March 22, 2012

Group Success!!

1. I am very impressed with my group. We all did our fair share and pulled together an excellent presentation--10's for every member.

What impressed me the most was the high levels of motivation and the creativity of work from each member. We all had that common desire to nail the midterm, and we did. Nice job guys!

2. We Need More Members! We are only three at the moment but we hope to get more. For new members, I would like to see the same motivation, creativity, and work ethic my group has already.

3. We were originally four, but one dropped. So, for the remaining three:

A. 10 - Showing up
B. 10 - Doing your fair share
C. 9.5 - Being on time
D. 9.5 - Responding timely to email and communicating effectively with other members
E. 10 - Handling conflict among group members
F. 9.5 - Being present in the group -- not distracted by outside cell phone calls or text messages when the group is meeting.

There is a little polishing to do but, overall, we work very well together.

4.     The elements of an effective group:
        i.    Communication
        ii.   Motivation
        iii.  Respect
        iv.  Leadership
        v.   Creativity

Article on Group Management

1 comment:

Aleta Dobbs said...

I agree with Jeffrey that motivation and work ethic are important in a successful group dynamic. Our group is small with only four people, but we work well together. Although we can and should always strive to be better I am happy with my fellow team mates.